Wednesday, October 29, 2008

10.28 to 10.29 - Meat Galore, Meat No More

Generally, I tend to disgust others with my eating habits. Last night, I successfully disgusted myself.

My friend's bf had a 25% off coupon for this new Brazilian steakhouse that's apparently "sooo good," so my friend set up a group of 8 of us to check it out. I've been to pretty much all the Brazilian steakhouses in the city, and I'd have to say this was one of the better ones. All the meat was extremely flavorful and moist (yes, even the chicken), the salad bar was pretty extravagant, they have a sushi bar (with a designated on-site sushi chef), and they have a gigantic wheel of Parmigiano-Reggiano and slices of prosciutto di Parma out (which is a huge plus in my book since they are two of my past food PR clients and their quality is superior).

Anyway, let's just say I gave this place my all-- trying every type of meat . . . often more than once. At one point, my plate had every cut of meat on it and there were so many different colors that I didn't really know what I was eating anymore. :\ Don't get me wrong. It was damn good. But maybe I shouldn't have been so zealous in my consumption. My friend teased me for being the silent but deadly type-- eating quietly at the end of the table, diligently attacking every morsel till there was nothing left. Ha.

Needless to say, I had a bit of a tummy ache upon leaving the restaurant. And I still seem to have one today. It's probably because handfuls of chewed up meat remain piled up in my belly-- my poor body desperately directing blood and enzymes to the scene. I read somewhere that meat takes an average of 8-12 hours to become fully digested. This made me laugh because it's probably going to take my body a full day to digest what I consumed. Luckily, I found out pineapple juice (which contains bromelain-- which breaks up protein and is the main ingredient in meat tenderizers) is a good thing to drink after a big meal because it aids in digestion. I think I'll get some during lunch because, right now, I feel like there's this large, heavy mass in my belly. And, frankly, it makes me uncomfortable.


As I look at my plate after the fact, I feel a little sick. And yet...I feel a little hungry. Ha.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I absolutely love your blog!
The aesthetics of the layout, the discussion of food... yum. I think I'm definitely one of those "silent but deadly" types at buffets too.

I remember I went to Minado (this huge seafood/sushi buffet) with this German guy and I piled my plate up high as I normally do... and he had a few sushi rolls and edamame. I felt like such a pig!