Thursday, October 23, 2008

10.23 - Stranger Danger

In general, I'm somewhat of a loner. I like to do things alone and wander around alone and I generally try to avoid big groups and I tend to stand in inconspicuous places such as in corners or behind statues (haha) . . . but, for some strange reason, I become unbelievably needy when it comes to eating out.

I mean, I'm comfortable eating alone at smaller, fast-casual places or in the breakroom at work . . . but there are days when I'll desperately want someone to go out to eat with. Today was one of those days. And because of my last-minuteness, no one was able to come out to lunch with me. So I did something random and unlike me. I asked a stranger from a food discussion site (who I thought worked in the area) if she'd like to have lunch with me.

Hahaha. I knew I could be spontaneous, but even this surprised me. She wrote back telling me that she no longer works in the area but that she would definitely eat out with me if she still did. I'm not sure if she was just being nice because she made it a point to mention that she and her boyfriend have eaten at the place I suggested. Great. She probably thinks I like women and I'm scary. Haha. I crack myself up.

No comments: