Wednesday, October 22, 2008

10.20 to 10.22 - I Love Cheese(cake)

Something that slipped from my brother’s memory before he was able to force it in his California friends' bellies is Eli’s cheesecake. I’m not sure if you all realize the extent to which this one dessert reaches consistent perfection . . . but it does. I do love New York style cheesecake, but Eli’s (to me) is in a league of its own. My brother once told me that the cheesecake that Rachel accidentally receives on that one Friends episode is based off of Eli’s. I’m not sure if that’s true, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was.

Anyway, the day after my bro’s friends left, my cheesecake craving consumed me so much that we ended up getting a few slices of plain, a few slices of this Bailey’s variety, and a full 5-inch pumpkin (since slices weren’t available). The plain is, without a doubt, one of the most delicious desserts I’ve ever had. The flavor, along with the outer and inner texture, is just perfect. And, happily, the pumpkin is just as good and a nice treat for the season.

So, I’ve been eating a slice of the pumpkin every night for the past three nights . . . and when the pumpkin runs out, I’m going to go out and buy an 8-inch plain and eat that till it’s gone. Then I'll keep alternating till I get absolutely sick of it. Haha. Super good stuff . . .

No comments: