Friday, September 5, 2008

09.05 - How Much Is Too Much?

In general, buffets are somewhat extravagant. You can eat whatever you want in whatever quantity you want. And for food lovers with little self-control, buffets are a deadly paradise. I must admit that I fall within the "little self-control" category-- and, in addition, I have a long-established rule that one does not go to a buffet without getting (at the very least) three new platefuls of food. Ha.

So yeah. I went to two buffets today. *sheepish look* The first time was for lunch at a Thai restaurant, and the second time was for dinner right before a baseball game in the basement of the ballpark. The Thai buffet was darn good-- particularly the crab rangoon which were rolled long like cigars (and had one long strip of imitation crab running through it). Mmm. And the ballpark buffet was also pretty darn good, but one can only have so many burgers and hot dogs before it gets to be a little too much (particularly after stuffing oneself at a Thai buffet).

So, overall, it was a full day of eating. And I wonder . . . are two buffets in a day too much? Or would it have been too much had I participated in a breakfast buffet as well? Mmm . . . three buffets in a day. I'll have to try that out one time . . . ;)

No comments: