Monday, September 22, 2008

09.22 - I'm Not Lying

Looking back on my own "awkward stage" of childhood, I remember two specific physical characteristics of mine very clearly. One, I had huge glasses that covered half of my narrow, small face. And two, my nose was huge in relation to the aforementioned face. :\ Needless to say, I was not particularly attractive and I was always quite self-conscious. It didn't help that I was also somewhat of a chubba bubba.

These days, I'm pleased to say that I am now an avid user of contacts and my face has grown out and become quite accomodating to the nose. So I should finally be at peace, right? Sadly, I realized this weekend that when I gain weight, I gain weight in my face. And when I gain weight in my face . . . I also seem to gain weight in my nose. *exasperated sigh* When I told my brother this revelation, he said, "Stop lying." I insisted I wasn't lying. He looked at me again and said, "Stop lying." It took me awhile to figure that one out. Ugh. I so do not like him.
Anyway, this is now my newest incentive to limit my excessive eating. I refuse to go back to the awkward stage, I tell you! I refuse!



"I know you ate that last piece of fried chicken, you fattie! Stop lying!" Jiminy Cricket says sternly.

No comments: