Wednesday, September 10, 2008

09.10 - Common Sense Dictates . . .

that you should not stick your fingers in a chocolate fondue fountain!!

We had an office luncheon today and we were all delighted to find a chocolate fondue fountain with an assortment of goodies next to it (strawberries, pineapple, marshmallows, yellow cake, etc.). My coworker and I were "prepping" our plates by sticking toothpicks into our goodies of choice so we would be able to chocolatize them quickly and efficiently. While we were doing this, we noticed a lady next to us who was grabbing strawberries with her fingers and then sticking them into the chocolate. And she wasn't even being careful about it. The woman was straight-up jamming the strawberries under the waterfall of chocolate, getting her fingers caught in the line of fire and proceeding to lick the chocolate off mid-dip. It was only as she got to her fourth one that she looked over, noticed my toothpick-clad army, and said, "Oh. That would make more sense."

Eww. Seriously?! No common sense whatsoever. If I knew who she was and where she worked, I'd be tempted to send her a mean letter through interoffice mail. I don't want your nasty germs and skin cells in my fondue, I would say!

P.S. Despite this disturbing event, I am not ashamed to say that my army did, in fact, take a chocolate shower. Please don't judge me. :\ It was a fountain of chocolate, for goodness' sake!

 

No comments: