Thursday, September 18, 2008

09.18 - Lotta Pata

Why the heck is crispy pork skin so addictive? Why has my culture instilled this fattie vice on me?! *sigh* There's this one particular Filipino dish called crispy pata-- and it's essentially one gigantic salty pork rind wrapped around some fat, meat, and bones. It doesn't sound particularly appetizing, but you'd have to taste it to understand. Seriously.

Anyway, it didn't help that I suddenly got this craving for crispy pata earlier tonight right before I would be otherwise engaged for the next three hours. In my attempt to "pass on the craving," I sent a link of a restaurant to my brother with the picture below attached. I wrote, "In case you get a craving, go to this restaurant before 9 and then you can pick me up. Also, here's a visual. I know, it hurts."

Haha. I am pleased to say my plan worked-- and I was not only picked up after a long day, but I also got me some delicious, heart attack inducing crispy pata. My stomach and my brother's stomach are friends, and I am not ashamed for having used it to my advantage. ;)

No comments: