Monday, September 29, 2008

09.26 to 09.28 - Wedding Weekend Cuisine

So, I attended the final wedding of the "summer" this past weekend, and considering that it was a beach wedding and that I was standing in it . . . you'd think I would have eaten a bit better. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Upon arriving in Daytona Beach, I had one and a half meat lover's calzone thingeys. That night for the rehearsal dinner, I had a ton of appetizers, bread, prime rib, and several slices of cake. The next day, I indulged in diner breakfast, had an Italian sub for lunch, and then stuffed myself with unlimited buffet (of pastas and other yummy carby things) at the wedding that night. The day after, I had no choice but to have all sorts of fatty airport food. Now, it's the next day and I still feel full and disgusting.

These were two of the appetizers at the rehearsal dinner and also a perfect example of "proper" portion size (for me):


 
Instead, I had about six of those jack-cheese stuffed shrimp and three of those prosciutto-wrapped asparagus things. *sigh*

No comments: