Monday, November 26, 2007

11.26 - Deconstruction

I'm not sure what it is, but I love to eat my food deconstructed. People look at me crazy and have often told me how weird that is or how awkward it is to eat out with me, but . . . I find that food often tastes better that way. I don't do it all the time, but I definitely like to. Maybe it's because I like simple flavor but also a variety of tastes. When food is all jumbled together, you sometimes can't tell what's what. But when it's deconstructed or compartmentalized, it's quite a different experience. This is why I like to eat sandwiches open-faced (like with the lox) and why I like to make sure there's enough potato pieces to go with beef pieces (like with the stew) and why I generally don't like sauce with my chicken nuggets and why I like Breyer's vanilla bean ice cream just by itself (and I don't care if people think that says anything about me) and also why I eat a cheeseburger in parts (lettuce first, tomato next, then cheese/patty/bottom piece of bun last). Ha. Yeah, yeah. I'm special.

MONDAY, November 26th
Breakfast
+ lox, tomato, and cream cheese on pumpernickel
+ medium coffee with cream and two sugars
Lunch
+ turkey, bacon, swiss wrap
+ 1/4 brownie
Mid-day Snack
+ 1/2 vanilla cupcake, with most of the frosting scraped off
Dinner
+ 1 and 1/2 cheese quesadilla (it was a wheat tortilla!)
+ scoop of beef and vegetable stew
+ scoop and a half of brown/white/sticky rice concoction
+ scoop of spaghetti sauce over the rice with chihuahua cheese sprinkled on top (it was quite delicious)
+ cup of green tea with lemon and honey
+ very small piece of Affy Tapple
Late-night Snack
+ slice of turkey
+ scoop of mashed potatoes with gravy
+ scoop of fresh herb stuffing
+ scoop of mashed sweet potatoes
+ little scoop of cranberry relish

FATTIE RATING: 3.75

No comments: