Thursday, November 22, 2007

11.22 - The Extremes of Gluttony

I ate so much today, I don't think I can even accurately remember all of it. Sadly, I didn't actually eat due to hunger. I mainly ate because of the warm feelings associated with the holiday, because of my desire to taste everything, and because it helped fill my void. Ha. What void, you ask? Well, Thanksgiving was a lot more low-key than most of us had expected it to be, and there was food for at least five times the number of people at our family gathering. I think a part of me felt that stuffing my face would make up for the lack of people-- but, in actuality, I really really just regretted it at the end of the night. And not only was I still left with the void-- but I was left with a pretty uncomfortable tummy ache as well. Ha. Still, there was a lot to be thankful for. *tired smile*

THURSDAY, November 22nd
Breakfast
+ piece of bread with butter
+ coffee with french vanilla cream
Lunch
+ plate of pan-fried skirt steak with brown rice
+ piece of homemade apple pie (yum yum)
Mid-afternoon Snack
+ one or two pieces of Mom's eggrolls (mmm)
Dinner
+ slice of turkey with gravy
+ slice of honey-baked ham
+ spicy pork tamale (ha, our Thanksgiving cuisine is all-encompassing)
+ scoop of broccoli salad
+ scoop of baked mac-n-cheese with bacon topping (sadly, it was disappointing)
+ scoop of mashed potatoes with gravy
+ piece of broiled beef with piece of roasted potato
+ cranberry relish
+ cranberry jelly with almonds, cranberries, apples, etc.
+ stir-fried vegetable medley

Dessert
+ slice of apple pie
+ slice of homemade pumpkin pie (mmm, it came out good)
+ two dollops of whipped cream

Dessert II
+ 1 and 1/2 slices cassava cake
+ cup of coffee with creme brulee creamer

Dinner II
+ spicy pork tamale
+ corn bake thingamajigger
+ little scoop of broccoli salad
+ slice of ham
+ slice of turkey with gravy
+ cranberry jelly
+ one of Mom's eggrolls
+ little scoop of mac-n-cheese
+ cup of coffee with creme brulee creamer


Midnight Snack
+ 2 Pepto Bismol tablets (argghh...)

FATTIE RATING: 5!!!

No comments: