Sunday, November 4, 2007

11.03 & 04 - Reality Check

I went out to dinner with some friends Saturday night, and they pretty much called me out on my eating habits. It was quite sobering, actually—and they helped me realize that I'm somewhat gluttonous. Is it really wrong to like food that much? :\ Like a lot of people, am I just using food as a source of comfort? I think psychologists call it "emotional or comfort eating"—and, I hate to admit it, but I am pretty darn emotional. So yeah. Maybe I am overdoing the whole emotion/food connection thing. With this in mind, I've decided that I'm going to gradually try to separate the two.

And, in honor of this decision, I have written a poem in the style of Ogden Nash's The Cow:

Food is no lover of your heart;
It comes out poo or stinky fart.

SATURDAY, November 3rd
Breakfast

+ 2 scrambled eggs
+ 4 pieces of bacon
+ 1/2 blueberry bagel, room temperature with cream cheese
+ 1/2 sesame bagel, toasted with cream cheese
+ small cup of coffee with Irish cream creamer
Lunch
+ small plate of chicken adobo (yummy Filipino dish)
+ 4 oz. light tangerine juice
Pre-dinner Snack
+ glass of blueberry ale
Dinner
+ 10 oz. slow roasted prime rib with au jus
+ baked mac & cheese (yummm)
+ small bite each of BBQ baby back ribs and loaded baked potato
+ bottle of Miller Lite
+ 3-4 forkfuls of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting

FATTIE RATING: 4.5 (bad, but not too bad)
__________________________________________

SUNDAY, November 4th
Breakfast
+ bacon omelette (oh man, this was good)
+ small slice of french apple cream cheese pie
Lunch
+ medium plate of brown rice and chicken adobo
+ 4 oz. light lemonade

Mid-afternoon Snack
+ whole wheat cracker snack thingamajigger (it tastes like Smacks cereal-- pretty darn good)
Dinner
+ bacon omelette (I'm sorry, but it was that good-- I couldn't help myself)
+ four pieces of green papaya and one piece of green pepper from homemade chicken soup (these were my vegetables for the day-- ha)
+ whole wheat cracker snack

FATTIE RATING: 4

No comments: